It's the end of summer! What fun things did you do this summer with your family? I know I was quite busy trying desperately to create fun memories for my littles and my husband. I think we did a great job of keeping busy (and relaxing, too!); it's evident by all the fun activities we did! In no particular order, here are just some of things my family and I did this summer:
- I cut approximately 10" off my hair.
- I created a Minnie Mouse candy & dessert table for my cousin's baby girl. (post coming soon)
- My boys played with the water hose in our back yard....in their underwear/ diapers!
- We had ice cream for dinner.
- My husband and I attended my cousin's gorgeous, vineyard wedding in Paso Robles.
- We hit the beach for a little fun in the sun.
- My little sister got engaged to her Army man (then surprised us by telling us she'd actually gotten married), and we subsequently celebrated with two different "engagement" parties.
- We took a family date to Balboa Island, which we'd never been to despite living in Southern California our entire lives.
- We went to Medieval Times for dinner and entertainment....all FOUR of us!
- We went to a few Angels Baseball games.
- We celebrated my son's 5th birthday party with a TMNT party. (post coming soon)
- We went on neighborhood walks after dinner.
- I discovered that our local Melting Pot has amazing Happy Hour deals, thus making me addicted to chocolate and cheese fondue.
- We started the arduous task of potty training our two-year-old. He's mastered going "number one", however, "number two" is still a work in progress.
- My husband and I took a couples trip, with friends, to Chicago. I fell in love with that city! Great food, great people, beautiful town!
- We visited our favorite museum, the Natural History Museum. My boys loooooove dinosaurs!
- We celebrated Independence Day with a yummy BBQ with friends.
- We went to the movies a few times!
- I realized that I am not a model, while modeling jelly sandals for a Jelly Beans post.
- My son started Kindergarten. (cue the tears, now)
- I went to one of the most amazing concerts I've ever been to: The Legends of the Summer Tour with Justin Timberlake and JayZ at the Rose Bowl. One word: AMAZING!
- We went to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, without having to leave for nap time!
- We went to Palm Springs and enjoyed a great time celebrating my brother in law's birthday. We even planned next summer's family vacation: Maui!!!!!!
So...... what did you do this summer? Did you go on vacation? Did you attend a family reunion? Did you go on a stay-cation? Whatever you did, I'd like to help you add another thing to your list of summer memories: Win an Apple TV, $100 iTunes gift card and a pair of Yurbuds!!!
I've come together with a group of amazing bloggers, to bring you a little end-of-summer giveaway! Check out their blogs and start following them on social media. All of these girls are doing amazing things that I think you need to read about.
So long to our Summer!! I hope that the Fall brings you just as many amazing memories! Good luck!!!
The "Apple-licious" giveaway begins Monday August 26 and ends at 12:00 AM on Sunday, September 1, 2013.
Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Void where prohibited.
All entries are optional with the exception of providing an email address so that we may contact you if you were to win. We will never sell, distribute, or spam your email.
One winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter (powered by Random.org). The winner will receive an Apple TV (valued at $99,) a $100 iTunes gift card, and one pair of Yurbuds (valued at $59.95.) The gift card may not be exchanged for cash.
This is a non-sponsored post. Prizes were purchased by a group of participating bloggers. Apple and Yurbuds are not affiliated with this giveaway.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.