Makes approx. 5 dozen cookies
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped or crushed Oreo cookies
1 cup chopped Kit Kat bars
1. Place the butter and both sugars in a bowl. (If not using a stand mixer, make sure this is a large bowl. Also, it is best to use an electric mixer for this step.) Beat mixture until fully incorporated and creamy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. With a wire whisk mix all dry ingredients evenly. Add this dry mix, in thirds, to the creamy mixture above. Lastly, include the chocolate chips, chopped Oreos and Kit Kats.
3. Place dough into fridge and chill for approximately one hour. Preheat oven to 350°F and leave dough in fridge until the oven is ready.
4. On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, place tablespoonful’s of dough about 2 inches apart from each other.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheet for just a couple minutes. Place on cooling racks until completely cool and ENJOY!