*This post is sponsored by Netflix, but all opinions are my own*
Today is our official first day of Summer. It's May. May, people! I don't know about you, but I feel like it was just Fall. How is it now Summer?! Don't get me wrong; I love Summer time. After all, in southern California, Summer means you spend a lot of time in the pool or at the beach. It means movies and popcorn, and ice cream for dinner. But, the lightning speed in which we got Summer has me sitting here in my oh-crap-it's-Summer-and-I-wasn't-prepared-for-it daze. As a result, I've been trying to snap out of it long enough to think of our family's Summer Bucket List, that will manage to entertain two little boys and one grown-up boy long enough to let me keep my sanity.
Here is our 2015 Summer Bucket List:
1. Have a family game night.
2. Roast marshmallows and make s'mores.
3. Have a water balloon fight with the neighborhood kids. (there's A LOT of kids around here!)
4. Visit our local farmer's market
5. Watch Planet Earth: The Complete Collection on Netflix: while having fun is a must, I'd also like for my boys to continue learning during this long break. Learning about our world and the Earth's natural history is important for them to become responsible citizens, so why not teach them now?
6. Watch fireworks
7. Set up a Netflix movie night outside for the neighborhood: With movies like Dreamworks Dragons: Race to the Edge, The Boxtrolls, The Nut Job and Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Netflix makes it easy to have a great movie night and check this item off our list.
8. Have a bonfire at the beach!
9. Eat ice cream for dinner.
10. Go to a fair or amusement park.
11. Go to the zoo.
12. Have a play date with friends.
13. Make a giant blanket fort and sleep under it.
14. Go on a family road trip.
15. Take our Gigi's (Great-Grandmas) out for lunch.
16. Visit UCLA and get new gear for the whole family.
17. Make home-made ice cream sandwiches.
18. Visit the Los Angeles Natural History Museum.
19. Have a Netflix movie night designated and planned by each boy. Each one will get to pick the movie we watch on Netflix and the snacks we eat.
20. Build a sandcastle.
21. Have a picnic lunch at a park.
22. Explore a new park.
23. Take a trip to our local library.
24. Ride bikes at the beach.
25. Go to a water park.
Are you freaking out about the summer being here already? What's on your Summer Bucket List? Well don't panic! I made you a printable summer bucket list that you can print and check off throughout the Summer! I can't wait to hear what fun things you all do!